1. Openness and Transparency
Scalene ANZ Pty Ltd, Scaleneanz.com.au and its affiliates (“Scalene”, “Scalene ANZ”, “scaleneanz.com”, “scaleneanz.org”, ”Shycocan.com.au”, “SANZ”, “we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy and respect and uphold your rights under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act. By using this website or providing us with your personal information, you agree to and consent to the collection, use, holding and disclosure of personal information by Scalene ANZ as set out in this policy.
There is a reason we collect data from our customers. We want to ensure you have the best experience possible, every time you shop with us. So what data are we talking about? Usually this includes your name, delivery address or contact details. It could also include any information we collect when you visit our website. These details help us complete a transaction with you, make our advertising more relevant and tailor your shopping experience.
Keeping your personal information safe and secure is our priority. You also have rights. So, if you want to access your data or provide feedback on how we’re using your personal information, please email us at
This policy is available on our websites at Shycocan.com.au
2. Personal information
Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from that information or opinion. Personal information we may collect from you includes, without limitation,
- Your name, gender, date of birth and age;
- identification information, including signature, driver’s licence number and student identification number;
- contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- details of a family member you register for an event, competition or promotion, including name and age;
- details about your purchases and orders or your product and services preferences;
- vehicle number plate details;
- employer or business details;
- digital information, such as cookies, pixels, software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), location data (where available and not disabled by the user), dates, times, file metadata, referring website, data entered, and user activity such as links clicked app installations, app launches, adding items to a basket, adding items to a wish list and making purchases;
- financial information, including bank and cheque account details and credit card details, and information about your credit history;
- images from video surveillance and other cameras in our stores (including in car parks, pick up areas and store entrances); and
- if you apply for employment with us, details regarding your employment history, educational qualifications, and similar
Personal information also includes credit information. Credit information is personal information or an opinion about you that has a bearing on credit that has been provided to you or that you have applied for. Credit information includes information about credit that was applied for or provided to you for domestic, household, personal or other investment purposes as well as information about you where you are a guarantor of a loan.
Scalene ANZ will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. If it is reasonable and practical to do so, Scalene ANZ will only collect personal information about you directly from you.
Personal information may be collected by Scalene ANZ in several circumstances, including when you:
- if you purchase or order any product from us;
- if you arrange a service or quote or make any purchase of our services or product using a service provided by a third party in connection with our business, those third parties may share your details with us;
- if you visit a SCALENE ANZ store or if you contact SCALENE ANZ, including to make an inquiry regarding our products and services, to make a complaint, to provide feedback, to seek a refund, or to attend an event;
- if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to SCALENE ANZ;
- if you hire equipment from us directly or indirectly through third party. Those third party may share your details with us;
- if you interact with SCALENE ANZ via social networking services;
- if you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or use any of our online applications;
- if you participate in any competition that we conduct;
- if you apply for any type of credit account with SCALENE ANZ;
- via our security cameras or other cameras installed in our stores (including in car parks, pick up areas and store entrances);
- if you undertake any of SCALENE ANZ induction, safety or compliance processes;
- if you engage, request or seek a quotation for a service from a third party that we use to provide a service to you; or
- if you submit an employment application to us. Scalene ANZ may collect your personal information from:
- reputable third-party lead generation sources for marketing purposes, but only where you have consented to the disclosure of your information to Scalene ANZ and for Scalene ANZ to send you marketing
- publicly available sources, including from Australian Government agencies such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, New Zealand Companies Office, internet search platforms and social media platforms, such as
- any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to SCALENE ANZ;
- credit reporting bodies and other credit providers, if you apply for any type of credit account with SCALENE ANZ;
- anyone sharing information with us for loss prevention and/or law enforcement purposes;
- any persons you nominate, if you submit an employment application to us; and
- our related
Scalene ANZ will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities.
Scalene ANZ requires individuals to provide accurate, up-to-date and complete personal information at the time it is collected.
You have the option of dealing with SCALENE ANZ anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you use a pseudonym when dealing with us or if you or your representative do not provide identifiable information, Scalene ANZ may not be able to provide you with any or all our services as requested. For example, we will not be able to deliver products to you if you do not provide us with address details for the delivery. If you wish to remain anonymous when you use our website, do not sign-in or provide any information that might identify you.
5. Use of Personal information
We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you.
In addition to any purpose notified to you at the time of collection Scalene ANZ uses your personal information for the purpose for which it has been provided, for reasonably related secondary purposes and for the purposes of:
- providing our products and services to you;
- providing Scalene branded products and services that are provided by our third party partners;
- to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
- to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us;
- to provide refunds and exchanges;
- to personalise advertising and content displayed to you (including advertisements served to you on or via third party websites or platforms such as Facebook);
- to promote and advertise our products and services (including by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events;
- our marketing activities, including marketing activities relating to Scalene branded products and services that are provided by our third party partners;
- to undertake product recalls;
- to monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis, or seeking feedback from customers;
- our internal management needs;
- in the case of our suppliers or service providers, to manage the provision of products and services to us;
- to monitor and measure the use of our websites or mobile applications, including web-based referral channels, data entered and user activity such as links clicked;
- responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us;
- assessing, processing and managing your applications for Scalene products and services or Scalene branded products and services offered by our third party partners, including to assess your credit risk and our risk;
- to recruit our employees or engage contractors;
- any other purpose you have consented to; and
- any use which is required or authorised by
6. Disclosure of personal information
Scalene ANZ may disclose your personal information:
- to third parties to facilitate the provision of products and services to you (including to facilitate repairs and customer recalls), such as to product manufacturers and suppliers, couriers and installers;
- organisations that provide products or services used or marketed by Scalene ANZ;
- third parties, if you hire equipment from us which we supply as an agent for that third party;
- marketing, advertising and promotions services providers and event organisers in connection with SCALENE ANZ marketing, advertising and events;
- third parties who provide services to SCALENE ANZ in connection with our business operations, undertaking data monitoring or data analysis activities, monitoring trends in customer preferences or transactions and the operation and maintenance of our website, as well as our online services or online applications;
- third party platforms who serve advertising or content (including personalised advertising) based on your personal information or preferences (including social media platforms such as Facebook);
- credit reporting agencies and other credit providers, to assist in assessing any application that you make to us for an account or other credit account, of any nature;
- third parties who provide other administrative and operational services to SCALENE ANZ in connection with our business, including for example financial institutions, security services providers, market research or feedback collection companies, IT service providers, payment processers and collectors, mailing houses and card manufacturers;
- SCALENE ANZ professional advisers, where required to enable any such adviser to provide services to SCALENE ANZ;
- third parties necessary to assist us in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- third parties who we share information with for loss prevention and law enforcement purposes, in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties, where required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- other persons disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- related companies of SCALENE ANZ
7. Marketing and advertising insights
As part of SCALENE ANZ functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to you, SCALENE ANZ may use and disclose to third parties personal information that you have provided to us for the purposes of advertising (including online behavioural advertising) and direct marketing. We may engage third parties to assist us in ensuring that the marketing and advertising we provide is of interest to you.
Direct marketing includes SCALENE ANZ or third parties:
- sending to you and/or contacting you directly in relation to promotions and information about SCALENE ANZ products and services; and
- providing targeted advertising content to you (including through third party websites).
- Generally, we will provide direct marketing to you where you have requested or consented to receiving such information. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from SCALENE ANZ by using the opt out link or details provided in the direct marketing communication or in the case of online advertising, by managing your preferences in digital platforms such as Google or Facebook.
- We may collect, use or disclose information about you in order to combine the information that we hold about you with information about you collected from or held by other trusted partners or from public sources. We may do this to enable us to derive insights about you. This includes being able to better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, enhance the products and services you receive, and to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also use trusted service providers to undertake the process of creating these consumer
8. Cross-border disclosure
Some of our service providers may be located overseas or may store information (including your personal information) that we provide to them overseas. We may also provide your personal information to related companies of SCALENE ANZ that are located overseas. Therefore, the personal information you provide to us may be held overseas. The jurisdictions in which the personal information you provide to us may be held include Australia and New Zealand.
Personal information you disclose to us will only be held or processed overseas in accordance with all applicable law.
9. Security and Storage
SCALENE ANZ will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold, including both paper and electronic records. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. For example, SCALENE ANZ seeks to ensure that personal information in paper form is held securely and personal information held electronically by or for SCALENE ANZ is held on secured servers in controlled facilities.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, SCALENE ANZ cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted by you to SCALENE ANZ over the internet.
10. Scalene ANZ website
When transmitting personal information from your computer to a Scalene website, you must keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not always completely secure or error-free. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, Scalene ANZ will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
Scalene ANZ website operated by us may use “cookies” to help personalise your online experience and save you time across the website. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the websites.
SCALENE ANZ website may contain links to other websites. If you access any third party website from SCALENE ANZ website, personal information about you may be collected by that third party website. SCALENE ANZ is not responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your information collected from any such third party website. SCALENE ANZ encourages you to be aware of when you leave our website and to read the privacy policies for every third party website that you access.
11. Access and Management
You may request access to your personal information in our customer account database, or seek correction of it, by contacting our customer service team. Contact information may be see in the website or via email to i firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scalene ANZ may charge a reasonable fee that is not excessive to cover the charges of retrieving your personal information from our customer account database. Scalene ANZ will not charge you for making the
- If you believe that Scalene ANZ holds personal information about you in our customer account database that is not accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant or information that is misleading then you may request its amendment and Scalene ANZ will respond to your request within a reasonable time. Scalene ANZ will not charge you for correcting your personal
- SCALENE ANZ may require you to verify your identity at the time you request access to, or correction of, your personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
- If Scalene ANZ no longer needs your personal information for any the purposes set out in this policy, or as otherwise required by law, Scalene ANZ will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or to de-identify
- Scalene ANZ will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification, or
- If SCALENE ANZ refuses to provide you with access to the personal information held about you, or if SCALENE ANZ refuses to correct that information, we will provide reasons for such refusal .If you object to the refusal, you may make a complaint in the manner indicated under the heading “Questions and complaints”
12. Opting Out / Unsubscribe
At any time, you may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us. Unless you opt out, your consent to receive direct marketing communications from us and to the handling of your personal information as detailed above, will continue. Each of our marketing emails will have an unsubscribe function which will allow you to unsubscribe from all future marketing communications. All our marketing SMS messages will also contain an unsubscribe feature. Outside of these channels, you can opt out from receiving marketing communications at any time by emailing i email@example.com.
13. Questions and Complaints
If you have a question or complaint about this policy, SCALENE ANZ collection of your personal information or the way in which SCALENE ANZ deals with your personal information, this should be directed to SCALENE ANZ Privacy Officer using the contact details set out under the heading “Contact Information” below.
We will promptly investigate any complaint you make to us and attempt to resolve that complaint. If you are not satisfied with SCALENE ANZ proposed resolution of your complaint, or if we do not respond to you within 30 days of the date you make the complaint, then you may, if you are in Australia, contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or, if you are in New Zealand, the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner to resolve that complaint:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Website: www.oaic.gov.au
Phone: 1300 363 992
New Zealand Privacy Commissioner www.privacy.org.nz
Phone: 0800 803 909
14. Contact information
If you require further information regarding this policy or wish to make a complaint about a breach of the APPs by Scalene ANZ, please contact us on:
i firstname.lastname@example.org or send mail to:
Attn: Privacy Officer, Scalene ANZ,
Suite 620, 585 Little Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia.
A senior member of staff will review your complaint within reasonable time and respond to you in writing advising what action(s) Scalene ANZ will take as result of your complaint.