This warranty is provided by Scalene ANZ Pty Ltd ACN 643 306 932 (SANZ) for supplies in Australia and New Zealand (Warranty).
In this Warranty, the following definitions apply:
Purchaser: means the person or entity that purchases the Product directly from SANZ (or its authorised dealer).
Product: means SHYCOCAN (Scalene Hyper charged Corona Canon)
SANZ Authorised Service Centre: Suite 620, 585 Little Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia
Warranty Period: means 1 year from the Purchaser’s date of purchase of the Product.
2. Manufacturer’s Warranty
Subject to the terms of this Warranty, SANZ warrants to the Purchaser of the Product that the Product is free from defects caused by the manufacturing process of the Product for the Warranty Period.
SANZ agrees, during the Warranty Period, to authorise a repair or replacement of the Product if, in SANZ’s opinion, the Product needs repair or replacement because of a manufacturing or material defect appearing within, and notified to SANZ in accordance with this Warranty.
Any determination as to the state of the Product and whether repairs are required shall be at the discretion of SANZ and SANZ reserves the right to appoint its own repairers.
A Product presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired.
3. Online Product registration
The Product can be registered online at www.shycocan.com.au. While registration is not necessary to make a claim under this Warranty, it may assist SANZ to quickly process any claim made.
4. How to claim
To make a claim under this Warranty, the Purchaser must:
- ensure any monies due and owing to SANZ in respect of the Product have been paid to SANZ;
- as soon as possible and no later than the end of the Warranty Period, provide to SANZ;
- a copy of the Product registration number (if known);
- proof of purchase of the Product;
- a copy of the warranty certificate;
- a description and photographs of the alleged defect(s) of the Product;
- any other information SANZ may reasonably require. (Claim Documents).
The Claim Documents must be sent to SANZ at one of the following addresses:
Address: Scalene ANZ Pty Ltd, Suite 620, 585 Little Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000, Aus Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Purchaser can also telephone SANZ for more information about the making a claim under this Warranty on (+61) 1300 722 536.
If SANZ accepts the claim under this Warranty, the Purchaser:
- must allow SANZ (or its commercial agents) to inspect the Product or cause it to be inspected;
- authorise SANZ (and its agents) to enter any property to carry out an inspection and the repair and/or replacement of the Product if
If an inspection by SANZ reveals no defect covered by this Warranty, the Purchaser is responsible for the direct and indirect costs and expenses associated with such inspection (including any reasonable costs incurred by SANZ).
Any claim under this Warranty must be made by the Purchaser.
Nothing in this clause distracts from a person’s statutory rights to make a claim to SANZ.
5. Locations and place of service
Repairs to the Product will be conducted at SANZ Authorised Service Centre.
The SANZ Authorised Service Centres are generally open during normal business hours, Monday to Friday. SANZ’s Authorised Service Centre may charge an additional fee for service outside these hours.
The costs associated with the removal, installation and transportation of the Product to and from the SANZ Authorised Service Centre will be paid by the Purchaser.
If the Purchaser sends the Product to SANZ for an inspection and unless SANZ (or its authorised agents) are transporting the Product, the Product is transported at the Purchaser’s own risk. In particular, SANZ is not responsible for damage to the Product which occurs during transport caused by inappropriate or insufficient packaging. SANZ is also not liable for loss or theft of the Product during transport.
If SANZ is required to attend a Purchaser’s premises for the purposes of inspecting the Product, the Purchaser agrees to pay to SANZ nominal call-out fee for such service.
6. General limitations
SANZ will not be liable under the terms of this Warranty (or otherwise be liable for loss and damage) where any of the following circumstances apply:
- the serial number on the Product has been removed or made illegible;
- the Product has been used for anything other than a normal recommended application by SANZ;
- damage to parts of the Product caused by normal wear and tear (including liability for maintenance, repair, or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear);
- damage to the Product caused by accident, neglect, improper storage, misuse, exposure to moisture, adverse external conditions such as power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, acts of terrorism, vermin and dampness, Act of God or any other act or circumstance beyond SANZ’s control;
- the Product has improper or incomplete installation or assembly (except where this was carried out by a SANZ Authorised Service Centre);
- damage caused by use of the Product other than in accordance with operating instructions;
- damage caused by a failure to clean or improper cleaning of the Product;
- damage caused by incorrect voltage or non-authorised electrical connections;
- unauthorized modifications or other external acts to the Product, including spills of food or liquid, blown fuses, mains supply defects or external interference which is not a manufacturing or material fault;
- cost of repairing, replacing and maintaining consumable parts of the Product which have stopped working due to normal wear and tear (such as fuses that may be difficult to access to replace);
- loss or damage caused by parts purchased from SANZ or via its approved distribution channels;
- loss or damage caused by defective, incompatible, unauthorised or non-standard parts, products or accessories. Any applicable list of genuine, compatible and authorised parts, products and accessories may be requested to info@Scaleneanz.com.au
- costs associated with alterations, repairs, maintenance, service, upgrades, expansion or disassembly made to the unit by someone other than a SANZ Authorised Service Centre;
- damage or scratches to plastic / composite surfaces and other externally exposed parts from normal use of the Product; or
- use of the Product in a manner contrary to
To the full extent permitted by law, SANZ excludes liability to the Purchaser in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) or injury to persons which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of goods supplied or in respect of a failure or omission on the part of SANZ to comply with its obligations under this Warranty.
7. Consumer rights
The benefits given by this Warranty are additional to other rights and remedies of the Purchaser at law in relation to the goods or services to which the Warranty relates.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The proper law of this Warranty shall be the law applying to Victoria.
If any provision of this Warranty is invalid for any reason, that invalidity will not affect the validity or operation of any other item except to the extent necessary to take account of the invalidity.
No SANZ employee, product retailer or Authorised Service Centre has authority to vary the terms of this Warranty.
This warranty is personal to the Purchaser of the Product and may not be assigned to any person, including any successor in title to the Purchaser, without prior consent in writing from SANZ.
SANZ shall not be required to fulfil its obligations under this Warranty while any monies are or remain outstanding to SANZ or SANZ’s authorised distributor by the Purchaser.